Unlike a Helmholtz resonator which has a narrow range of absorption, the Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap has a broad absorption frequency range from 35Hz to 125Hz. Center frequencies are 40Hz, 70Hz, and 100Hz. It is a perfect addition to rooms that already have broadband control, but still require targeted control without absorbing above 125Hz. All this in a package that is as thin as 4 inches!
GIK Acoustics also offers the option to build the Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap to target whatever center frequency is required for your needs (please email or call for pricing). For professional, targeted bass control, look no further than the GIK Acoustics Scopus Tuned Membrane Bass Trap series.
Incorporate diffusion in your Tuned Bass Trap with Impression Series or Alpha Series plates.
The addition of an Impression or Alpha Series plate helps diffuse/scatter high frequencies vs a direct reflection off the unit, plus it adds visual impact. The plate will not interfere with low end absorption at the desired frequency.
Choose from 6 beautiful patterns:
In three different plate finishes: beech wood veneer, white veneer, black veneer
Plates available in three scattering options:
- One-Dimensional – The 1D option uses a mathematical sequence in a column that extends the length of the panel. The vertical slats of the 1D allow sound energy to be scattered in a horizontal plane.
- Two-Dimensional – The 2D options use a sequence of columns and rows with variable spacing that provides horizontal and vertical scattering of sound.
- 2D (a) has a pattern of dots and dashes
- 2D (b) has a pattern of dashes
In three different plate finishes: beech wood veneer white veneer, black veneer
SCOPUS TUNED BASS TRAP FEATURES:
- 100% pressure based absorption
- Professionally designed and manufactured
- Dimensions: 60cm x 60cm x 9.5cm for flexible mounting
- Weight: 10.5 kg
- Target Frequency Range: 55 Hz – 100 Hz
- Easy to hang or stackable
- Lab tested
- Narrow, targeted absorption range (< 1 octave)
- You can choose to add diffusion to your Scopus Trap by selecting plates from either the Alpha Series (3 patterns available) or Impression Series (5 patterns available). Plates come in three finishes: beech wood veneer, white acrylic, or black acrylic.
- Custom tunings available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.